Wednesday 2 March 2016

Dear Ibu Berlian Bijaksana,

photo courtesy of Juliani Soegandhi
Your letters warm my soul in this dreary 
Michigan winter. I started to apply the first key of living a God filled life. 
Last week it snowed for two whole days. 
I have no snowblower. 
I had to use my old shovel to clear my driveway. 
The idea of shoveling early in the chilly morning made my blood boil. 

I was just about to curse the snow. 
But then I remembered the first principle: 
Glorifying God, magnifying God's ordinary thing, ordinary thing such as snow.
I know for a fact that every snowflake is unique
Then I said in my heart,
"God de every snowflake different and unique,  and my driveway is full of them.Wonderful !"

I started to shovel the snow, and I felt lighter inside. 
"Thanks God, the snow is good for the ground and trees," I said again in my heart. "Thanks God, because of the snow, I have a free exercise !"

20 minutes of shovelling the snow went by quickly that morning. Thanks to the first key : glorifying God. 

With regards,
Hopeless Christian





No comments:

Post a Comment