Friday 5 February 2016

A Hopeless Christian : Is it Possible to Have a God Filled Life

I am a Christian. I am hopeless. Why ? Because I feel that God is far. Yes, I do go to the Sunday service. I do join an annual retreat. I do attend a weekely cell group.

After those meeting, I usually feel very excited and energized. I feel like I am ready to live a God filled life. God is near me, I will live from glory to glory. The glorius excitement usually stayed for a month or a week or a day.

Then life comes back to normal. I feel everthing is the same as before. God is somewhere out there and I am here living my ordinary life.
Forget the phrase from glory to glory. What I have is from crisis to crisis.

Is there any hope for me to have a God filled life ?
image from : pinkonhead.com

Ibu Berlian Bijaksana will answer the question from a Hopeless Christian.

"Yes, Dear Hopeless Christian . It is possible, very possible to have a God filled life," 
said Ibu Berlian Bijaksana 



There are 4 keys to have the life that is filled with God. Utilize those keys and surely your life will be changed. From glory to glory is attainable.

Let's look at Rome 1:21
 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

The verse mentioned 4 steps to lead a godless life, which are 
1. Not glorifiying God
2. Not giving thanks to Him
3. Futile/vain thinking
4. Foolish heart which was darkened

Now let's do a reverse thinking and reverse the steps
4 keys to lead a God filled life
1. Glorify God
2. Giving thanks to God
3. Fruitful/ progressive imagination
4. Heart which is filled with the light of God

In the next posting, I will explain the steps one by one. Please smile dear Hopeless Christian, you have a hope ! "

In Christ, 
Ibu Berlian Bijaksana

( Miss Hopeless Christian and Ibu Berlian Bijaksana are both fictional characters. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental )

This post is inspired by Andrew Wommack's book : "Discover the Keys to Staying Full of God"

No comments:

Post a Comment