Thursday 17 November 2016

Grocery Freebies, Salvation and Commitment

Today, I had a bag full of free groceries from a grand re-opening of a store.
And the picture below is the result of running to the store at 8am , leaving my husband to attend my daughter before she went to school
Thanks Hubby.

While driving back home from the store, I was thinking, why would I go there. I went there because I love freebies. Then another freebies came up in my mind. Salvation !

Salvation is a freebie from God. I neither deserve it nor pay for it.What I need to do is receive it. How to receive it ? By faith. 

I drove my car to go to the store to get my freebie. I use my faith to go to Jesus to get my salvation. With a little effort, I get the most important freebie in this whole wide world. 

The Store gave me something free, so that I will be interested to be their loyal customer. They try to get my commitment, and for this I have to pay . Buying groceries from them, I need to pay with my hard earned dollars.

To be a follower of Christ, I need to pay with self denial. My flesh wants to do A, but Christ said to do B. I want to hate the people that make me miserable, but Christ asks me to forgive them. I want to be a great leader, but Christ says a great leader serve like a servant. So many contradictions between my flesh and Christ's commands. 

Actually, I don't need freebies. There are food in my fridge and pantry. I went there for fun. In my spiritual life, though, I terribly need the freebie from God. Without his salvation, I will be empty. Life will have no meaning. Receiving the salvation is a start of a wonderful relationship I have with my Source. 

Thanks Abba, for giving me the most expensive freebie ever, salvation from your Son. Amen. 

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourself, it is the gift of God.


1 comment:

  1. Your story is amazing! I love the way you compose your sentence.

    ReplyDelete