Monday 19 December 2016

8 Maids A Milking


So, what is the gift for the 8th day of christmas ?
8 maids a milking.
Look at that picture of 8 maidens with buckets of milk in their hands.
I think they all look beautiful.

What is the meaning behind 8 maids a milking ?
The meaning is 8 beautitudes

Beatitude comes from a latin word beatitudo which means happiness.
Jesus once said about 8 kinds of happiness which are rather different from the regular description of happiness

(Matthew 5:3-10)


Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. ( 5:3)
Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted. (5:4)
Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth. (5:5)
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled. (5:6)
Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy. (5:7)
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God. (5:8)
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God. (5:9)
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10)


Honestly, the beatitudes are easier to be said than done.
I've been betrayed and it's so difficult to show mercy
to the people who betrayed me.
Try to be meek in the middle of aggresive people !
Have you ever tried to show a craving of righteousness to your school friends?
I know some peacemakers who got into trouble because of the troublemakers

Jesus once mentioned how difficult it would be for the rich people to enter the Kingdom of God. Jesus' disciples said, "Then who can be saved ?"

Jesus answered," All things are possible with God !"

So, is there any hope that we could be blessed according to the blessedness that Jesus described ?

I think Jesus would give the same answer to my question.

All things are possible with God. God will enable me to practice the beautitudes in my life. If I use my own strength, I will surely fail. Pray helps.

image taken from simlpe @pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment